These are my photos for my portfolio. I started off thinking that I was going to be photographing "things I have found on the ground" but then it turned more into an age theme, and how things have weathered. Visually I focused on things that have rusted and they all share a similar color scheme.
I am not sure what I will do for my exhibition piece yet. My professor says the photo of the round buildings at the old mine, and the layered rock that I found at Mutawinji are the strongest. I am not sure yet, but I am definitely using this six.
I love your theme, it reminds me of the striking feeling I got when I saw your picture of the beer taps (sun, desert, storm). It makes me wonder about how weather and time have helped to shape the people of "the bush" and their outlook on life. Good pictures and good writing do just that, they make you think. Bravo Jenn.
ReplyDeleteThank you. We just had our review with our professors and another professional photographer that I have actually befriended and gotten their opinions. It has been interesting. One professor, Geoff, liked how commercialism made it's way into the outback and things that are so well known and promoted like Coca Cola are everywhere, so thats something to think about as well.
ReplyDeleteThe minute I saw your Coca Cola picture, I thought of your dad. Consciously or unconsciously, your love of your father appeared in your art. I love that. Your parents are ingrained in your heart and your DNA. It's as if you carry us all in your heart as you travel this adventure. Beautiful work, Jenn.
ReplyDeleteJust looking at your pictures, Jenn and am encouraged that you still have a "good eye". The Coke cap is sad to me in that, even in the bush, you can't escape trash and the big corporations. The terrain is so flat out there the night sky must have been awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us, Grammins and I are so proud of you.
ReplyDelete