Tuesday, July 24, 2012

On the Road

My program ended a few days ago, and since then I have been staying in a smaller part of Melbourne called St. Kilda. It was beautiful, we got to explore the town and go to the beach--beautiful but cold. We had an adventure trying to take the tram into the city to meet our friend Dom for dinner. We ended up getting on the right tram but the wrong direction, we had a little two hour detour but we eventually made it, and thus understand how the trams work now.

We say goodbye to our friend Kate who we were staying with in Melbourne and me and two others took the 12 hour overnight train to Sydney last night and pulled into Sydney this morning. So far we have checked into our hostel and took a little look around town. It is really beautiful and much warmer than the southern coast. We went to a park this morning and the St. Mary's Cathedral.

This afternoon we are going to go down to the harbour and have a look at the Opera House, and everything else down there. We were all amazed when we got to Sydney this morning, we all got a little emotional just because of how blessed we are to be here, and how beautiful everything is.

Loving every minute :-) Hope all is well in the US!

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time in Sydney. Thanks for letting us follow along your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney is definitely on my list of places I would like to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have to adjust your spelling of "harbor" when you get back north of the equator, Jenn. :-)

    It's wonderful to know that I walked the streets of Sidney many years ago and now you are possibly treading the same ground. Enjoy your good luck, Miss Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking the midnight couchette from Germany into Paris is a fond memory....I am so happy you had such an experience. And, that you are so appreciative of all the wise life-choices you have made thus far. Your gratitude, and understanding of this gift, really humbles me Jenn. You are an amazing woman. <3 Aunt Kelli

    PS I had no idea Grampins walked the streets of Sydney. His stories of world travel kindled in me a wanderlust when I was quite young; I guess you've been bitten by the bug too. What a sweet bite to get :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, sorry I haven't been able to send everyone individual updates like I had planned. Internet is still hard to come by. Grampins- It's funny that you said that, when I type in all the computers in this country "favorite" and "harbor" come up misspelled unless I add the U! Haha.

    ReplyDelete